I like this. From mattf</a>'s shinily resurfaced blog.
- Go to google docs, click new spread sheet
- Click form, create your form with title, description, severity (1 minor .. 5 epic fail), who’s responsible in a dropdown and reported by.
- Save your form
- Add conditional colouring in spreadsheet on severity
- Add a completed/status column
- Embed form onto a page/email form to bug hunters
Love the simplicity of this.
The only thing I’d add is that you should go into the resulting spreadsheet, go to Share | Set Notification rules and have it email you whenever anyone submits a form right away.