Great list of paradoxes on the use of cloud computing from the always insightful O’Reilly Radar. We use cloud services heavily at GetUp, mostly because we have no real infrastructure and try to avoid long-term investment to stay lean, but these are excellent thought exercises to go through if you’re the CIO/CTO of your org.
- Create flexibility by being less flexible
- Determine the cost of an existing IT solution
- Simplify the environment by introducing more complexity
- Provide assurances of sustainability in a domain of uncertainty
- Maintain security while reducing it
via O’Reilly Radar.